facebook

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dining Out...Its so easy a Caveman could do it.

Paleo Challenge Before/After Photo Contestants from Matt Chan on Vimeo.



Paleo cooking isn't just for you your kitchen. Dining out and remaining healthy should come as second nature. After all, This is your health we are talking about! Almost all restaurants have quality sources of protein (beef, chicken, pork) and a selection of fruit or vegetables. Understand that you don't have to stick to the salad menu (but if you do stay clear of the dressing.) If you order a chicken plate which offers mixed veggies and a baked potato ask the waiter for double veggies in place of the potato. Spice up any meal by requesting a side of salsa, pico, or avocados.

Here is one athletes take on the Caveman Nancy Challenge thus far...

I am actually feeling very good and very proud of myself. I truly wondered if I could do it, I am the candy queen! I had trouble with my energy level at first, but by the second week felt better. I am not going hungry nor am I having those bloated feelings. I leave the table feeling like I ate just enough. If I do get hungry between meals, I have some nuts or grapes. I miss my Starbuck's mochas more than anything, however I have a feeling when I am allowed to have one again, I won't like them anymore. I am betting they will taste too sweet.(Did I just say that?!) I need to start trying some different recipes to add variety for sure. We have just been busy and it's too hot to cook, so I need to work on that. I have lost 3 or 4 pounds(pounds I had put back on by reverting to old habits) and overalll, I am very glad I did this. Thanks for helping me accomplish things I never thought possible....this means the workouts and the diet! You guys are awesome!

Keep the nutrition questions, comments and suggestions coming, as we love to share knowledge and help all of our athletes progress!

WOD
3 Rounds
42 Double Unders
35 Sit ups
21 Pull ups

********************

Chocolate Chip Brownies
1 (16) ounce jar salted almond butter, smooth roasted
2 eggs
1 ¼ cups agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dark chocolate 73%

1. In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender
2. Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla
3. Blend in cocoa, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips
4. Grease a 9 x 13 pyrex baking dish
5. Pour batter into dish
6. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes

Makes about 24 brownies

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I made these brownies today. AMAZING! I hope there are some left by the time I get home from work. *wink wink*


2519 S. Lakeline Blvd. Suite 100. Cedar Park, Tx 78613