facebook

Friday, May 8, 2009

Paleo















Recently my good friend Trevor decided to eat paleo. Here is a an actual conversation that took place between him and his wife.

- 9:38 p.m.
Trevor: "Di, I'm going to be pretty strict about this paleo-diet"
Di: "Ok, what is a 'paleo-diet'?"
Trevor: "You basically eat like a caveman. Meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts, natural oils and spices. No dairy, no grain and nothing 'processed'"
Di: (snickering) "Okay, if you say so... What do I do about making you lunch?
Trevor: "Leftovers will probably usually be alright, but if not, just a can of tuna, some veggies and fruit -- you know, just stuff I could kill and eat. And no grains or dairy."
Di: "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, okay."
(4 or 5 minutes later)
Di: "Do you want to watch 'Desparate Housewives' with me? I DVR'd it"
Trevor: "Sure".
(short pause)
Di: "I'm going to get some oreos and milk -- do you want me to fix you some too?"
Trevor: "No thank you, Diane..."
----------------
- 7:07 a.m.
(Trevor walks into kitchen. Di has fridge open and stuff on the counter to make lunches for us.)
Di: "We really don't have anything in the house to feed you for lunch today on that caveman diet."
Trevor: "I know."



It may be tough at first, but you will definitely feel better, perform better, and significantly improve your health. Keep at it. For more on Paleo, go HERE

WOD

21-15-9

DB Cleans (20-50)
Single arm overhead lunge
Pull ups
Wall ball (20,16)
mountain climbers (42-30-18)

for time

1 comment:

jody said...

is this a hint after our encounter at the grocery store today??


2519 S. Lakeline Blvd. Suite 100. Cedar Park, Tx 78613