facebook

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fight Gone Bad














Do you remember these faces? This was the last time many of them did Fight Gone Bad. Well guess what? Wednesday is FGB day!

Many of you are part of the I Do The Impossible Challenge and some of you have decided to eat better in 2011. I have a new recipe for you. Don't knock unless you try it. I found this recipe after searching several different websites (gotta love google!) This one is from
http://cfrscceat.blogspot.com. As usual I'm bad about measuring ingredients, so mine is a bit modified

Cream of Broccoli & Chicken Soup
1lb skinless boneless chicken breasts (I had hormone and antibiotic free on hand)
8 cups broccoli florets
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 stalk celery
1 T coconut oil
Chicken broth (organic low sodium)
Coconut Milk
black pepper

I cooked the chicken in coconut oil first with a little bit of chicken broth. Then in a large pan I sauteed the garlic, celery and onion in more coconut oil. After the onion was translucent, I had chopped up broccoli - about 8 cups. I steamed for about 10 minutes. Then I threw it all in the food processor and pureed it. Then I put it all back in the large pan and added the coconut milk and chicken broth until I was happy with the consistency of the soup.

I liked it a lot!

Wednesday's WOD

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. We've used this in 3 and 5 round versions. The stations are:


Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)

Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)

Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)

Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)

Row: calories (Calories)

The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.


No comments:


2519 S. Lakeline Blvd. Suite 100. Cedar Park, Tx 78613